On an international platform, living in Lebanon has many fiscal advantages.
On an international platform, Lebanon has many advantages in the banking system that Lebanese in the world can freely benefit from, namely:
The moderate Lebanese fiscal and tax system that is based on the following:
The non-existence of income tax for Lebanese residents, unless they are performing a taxable occupation or profession. In such case, tax is calculated on the basis of the income or the profits generated from activities conducted in Lebanon.
- The non-existence of a general progressive income tax for individuals
- The moderate system governing holdings and offshore companies, exonerates them of taxes and subjects them to a modest hump-sum duty
- The exemption of double taxation with countries having signed an agreement with Lebanon on the matter
- The Minimal income taxes applied in Lebanon, and applied only to revenues generated on the Lebanese territory
The Lebanese Banking Secrecy system is defined by the law of 1956; This law protects the confidentially of bank customers and safeguards their wealth, while strictly respecting and applying international rules and regulations on the flight against money laundering and financing of terrorism. The Lebanese banking system is characterized by:
- Highly skilled and competent bank management and the excellence of services offered
- The freedom of capital flow between Lebanon and the world, as well as total freedom of capital markets operations
- The joint account system that, upon the death of one of the account holders, allows the other account holder to dispose of the totality of amounts in the account, with no legal obligation to any succession taxes
The right to obtain credit facilities granted by the Lebanese Habitat Bank at competitive and attractive conditions